For the past several years I have been focusing on getting things into my life that I thought were either missing or not quite right.Finances, health and relationships are the big 3.
I am finally at a place with my finances that I am not always transferring money from savings to checking and in less then one year (July 2012!) I will have one of my two credit cards paid off. Considering that the balance on it was around $16,000.00 this is a huge accomplishment. I have really made an effort to watch what I spend and it has really paid off. I will admit that I miss taking trips and shopping but for now the sacrifice is worth it and when that card is paid off I know that it was worth everything. I don't use credit cards anymore and the big thing that helped me the most was taking a class at a church a couple years ago. It was a Dave Ramsey class and worth every cent I paid for it. Financial Peace it was called and aptly named I am slowly realizing.
The real part of my life that I think is missing the most is my health and relationships. My health and relationships are a far cry from where I would like them to be or where i thought I would be. I'm not talking about friends or family when I say relationships. I am talking about men and the intimate parts of having someone special in your life. My friends and family and the best in the world and I really count my blessing daily that I have such wonderful people in my life. Usually my New Year's resolutions are always about weight loss and I have it in my mind that once I am thin then I will have a boyfriend and life will be perfect. Deep in my mind I know this is not true. I have come to realize that how can someone love me if I don't love myself. Don't get me wrong, I love parts of me but not all of me and that is what I need to change. I need to focus on getting healthy, feeling good and loving what I see everyday that I look in the mirror. This New Year I am not going to make a resolution to lose XX number of pounds. I realize that I need to make small changes in my life and the weight will follow. I've heard it a thousand times and never really believed it until now. I also know that once I start feeling good and more energized then the way I see myself will change. My confidence will bloom and from there who knows what will happen in my life. I do know that it will be good.
I have several items that I want to complete this year. Some will help me be more healthy and energized. Others are for me to do around my house and yard to de-clutter and organize which is also very important for my health. (Who really wants to be surrounded by clutter all the time!?!?!)
Here is the list -
1. Follow the book Small Changes, Big Results by Ellie Krieger. It is a 12 week action plan to better eating and fitness.
2. Follow the book Simple Steps. It is a 10 week guide to getting control of life. Each week focuses on health, weight, home and spirit.
(Both books are small changes that have a positive impact on daily life. Things that can incorporated into my daily routine but aren't a burden to do.)
3. Make my own natural cleaners. Not only will this be a step closer to green living but it will help my finances too. I have a book called The Naturally Clean Home. There are 150 easy herbal formulas to chose from and waaaay cheaper then store bought.
4. Make one new healthy recipe each week. Something that I have never tried before or made with my own two hands.
5. Run or jog in a 5k race.
6. and last but definitely not least is write a blog. So here it is. My blog about me doing the above 5 items and whatever else comes up this year. Of course the first two things will be done in 12 weeks but the changes will continue and so will the changes within me. This is my journey to a healthier, clutter free life.
So here is to 2012! The year that I make things happen! The year that I finally do what I have been wanting to do but never making the time or commitment to follow through.