Living 40 plus and fabulous

Living 40 plus and fabulous

Thursday, January 12, 2012

I've been thinking and this time it's a good thing!


For a couple weeks now I have been on the hunt for a decent treadmill that I can train on for the 5K run that I plan on doing in April. I have found some but they are either too pricey or not really good for my needs. I was talking to my mom the other day about one that a friend of mine has for sale. It is $200.00 and not used very much. Now of course depending on what kind it is and the condition I didn’t think this was all that bad of a price. I would be willing to spend that or even a little more for the right one. My mom on the other hand thought it was too much and thinks I can find one for less. Maybe so, maybe not. Anyway, she said something to me that really has me thinking since our talk. She said that she didn’t think it was a good idea to spend that much money on something I won’t use. Totally valid statement but that had me thinking. I am 37 (38 in one month) and I have said that this is the year that I will finally lose weight and be healthy for at least the last 10 years of my life. I have never followed though with my plans and I have always gone back to my bad eating and no exercise habits. I have spent countless amounts of money on diet books, diet plans, diet foods and the list goes on and on. So it is no wonder that my mom would think I would buy this treadmill and not use it. Don’t think my mom is not supportive by saying this. She is one of my biggest supporters and one of my best friends but I have never given anyone, including MYSELF, a reason to believe that I will actually do it and succeed. I have never envisioned myself at the end of my goal. Until now. It almost makes me cry because now I can actually see myself thinner and healthier. I can see myself running in my 5K and finishing it. I can see myself eating better and exercising. I can see myself wearing all those cute clothes I see in the stores. I can also see myself buying a treadmill and using it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment