Living 40 plus and fabulous

Living 40 plus and fabulous

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pounds down and a new goal!

As you know for the past several weeks I have not been losing weight and it is kind of discouraging. Well with so much going on at work and not much time for myself I decided on Thursday that I would weigh myself and see where I was at. My food and exercise plan wasn't taking center stage in my life for about a week and a half and I wanted to make sure that I hadn't gained or gained much. To my wonderful surprise I was down 6 lbs! That makes my grand total so far 22 lbs!! I was so excited  that I had to immediately call my mom and sister. I'm not sure if I was holding onto weight because of stress or if the exercise I was doing at work mixed it up enough to make my body do something. Whatever it was I am happy with it.

My 5k race that I had been training for is Sunday. I am very nervous of how much I will be able to jog. Since the 5k at Easter I haven't jogged at all. Oh well, I will do what I can do but I know that I will finish. I have decided that it is also time for a new goal. This one I am trying to recruit people to join me. I am going to set a goal of walking at least 200 miles by Labor Day. My daily movements do not count towards this goal. It basically breaks down to walking 1.5 miles a day. I know that some days I will do more and some I might not walk at all but at least I have something to shoot for. As long as I walk 11.5 miles a week I will have no problem making this goal. My sister and my cousin Molly are all ready to join me in this. Who else is with me??

No comments:

Post a Comment