Living 40 plus and fabulous

Living 40 plus and fabulous

Monday, January 30, 2012

3 ingredient pulled pork and Asian Slaw

For my new recipe last week I decided to try a recipe I found online for pulled pork that required only 3 ingredients. Pork loin, root beer and BBQ sauce. It was super easy and pretty tasty when it was done.By the way, its all done in the crock pot.  Click here for the original website for this recipe.
I used one pork loin about 2lbs and one 20oz bottle of root beer. I put the pork loin in the crock pot and poured the entire bottle of root beer over it. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. The original recipe said only 6 hours but mine was not easy to shred after 6 but perfect for a couple hours longer. Once it is shredded you can pour the BBQ sauce over the whole thing but I didn't do this. I prefer to measure out the sauce as I eat it. My portions are 3 oz of pork and 1-2 tablespoons of sauce. (One serving of sauce is 2 tablespoons.)
The second thing I made was Asian slaw with wasabi dressing. Click here for the original recipe. The slaw was not as good as I would have liked. I will have to try again with a little tweaking. I used premade slaw mix instead of making my own. For this recipe I used half the bag and added some red, yellow and orange bell peppers and some green onions. I topped it with Chinese noodles that  I had instead of sesame seeds and peanuts. I also halved the dressing amounts. It still made a lot of sauce. When it was all done I couldn't taste the wasabi and the sesame oil was too strong. I think if I make this again I will cut the oil even more and add more wasabi. If you try this recipe I would love to hear how it was and if you made any changes.






 Maybe next I should work on my food presentation for photos. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment