Living 40 plus and fabulous

Living 40 plus and fabulous

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Tacos!!!!

Last night I made my new recipe of the week. I found the recipe via Pinterest. If you haven't discovered Pinterest yet you are missing out. It is one the best sites I have used in a long time. Thanks to my sister Amber for directing me to it. It is a virtual "pin board" where you can find anything you need. Crafts, home decor, fitness, food and drinks and the list goes on and on. It also allows you to "pin" from the Internet to your virtual boards so you have everything you want to keep in one handy spot. I will tell you now that it is a huge time suck but I love it none the less. 
Anyway, back to the recipe. The original recipe is from Mrs. Regueiro's Plate and it is for buffalo chicken tacos. I invited my sister, her boyfriend and a friend of mine to eat with me. They were so good that there are no leftovers which makes me kinda sad. They are so easy though that I can make them pretty much whenever I want. Since I live in a very small town with only a few restaurants (Mexican food and pizza only) it is important for me to make stuff at home when those cravings for certain food kicks in. Buffalo wings are definitely a craving I get every once in a while. If you don't like the idea of eating these tasty nuggets in a taco they are fabulous on their own. They would be great for a party appetizer or Super Bowl. 

The picture does not do this dish justice. You will have to make it for yourself and see. I made a few adjustments from the original recipe to suit my preferences. The recipe below is the original one. For my version of this I used flour tortillas instead of corn. I didn't have lettuce or the diced onions and cilantro so instead I had some blue cheese crumbles that we sprinkled on top along with the avocado, ranch dressing (homemade by the way!) and green onions. Yum!

Buffalo Chicken Tacos

Ingredients:
1 pound chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut into 1 inch pieces
⅓ cup flour
3 tablespoon cornstarch
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce (Frank’s Buffalo Wing) , plus extra for garnishment
1 Tablespoon olive oil
10 6-inch yellow corn tortillas
Toppings:
Shredded butter Lettuce
Diced onions mixed with cilantro
Avocado slices
Ranch dressing
Green onions, sliced thinly

Preparation:

Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.

In a large bowl, combine cornstarch, flour, cayenne, and garlic powder. Season the chicken pieces with pepper, then dredge in the flour mixture.

Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the Dutch oven and once it gets hot, add chicken and cook on both sides – about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Once the chicken is done, set it aside in a bowl and toss with ⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce.

Assemble 10 tacos, dividing the toppings evenly among each taco.

Yield: 5 servings, 2 tacos each.

Enjoy! We sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment