Living 40 plus and fabulous

Living 40 plus and fabulous

Monday, January 2, 2012

So it begins... week 1


Happy New Year! It is finally 2012 and so begins my journey!

Today I am officially starting my small changes and simple steps. Each week new things are added to the ones I am already doing from the week before and it is to establish these things as habit.  Since these are 2 different books that I am following some things may be similar or I am already doing it from a previous week in the other book.  Below are the action summaries-

Week 1 – January 1- January 6, 2012



  1. Drink 8 cups of water every day.
  2. Take a 20 minute walk three times a week. (While the weather is so cold I am going to substitute the walking for 20 minutes on my stationary bike.)
  3. Clean out a drawer, cabinet or closet each week.
  4. Start saving $1.00 a day
  5. Stock my pantry with healthy foods
  6. Write down what I eat, when and how I feel
  7. take 5 minutes each day to just relax and focus on my breathing
  
Sounds easy enough! This past weekend I went to the store and stocked up on healthy pantry items. Made a menu for meals and stocked up on those items as well. Today I am also making one new item for dinner. Chicken Tortilla Soup in a crockpot. I will let you know how that goes….

*** 1/3/12   Made the Chicken Tortilla Soup last night. It was good not great but will probably not make it again so I won't bother posting the recipe. I am on a quest though to find one as good as my local Mexican food place. Once I do you will be the first to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment