Week 2 – January 9 – January 15, 2012
This week I am adding new steps to my daily life. These are in addition to the ones that I am already doing.
*Some of the steps that I am taking from the books I am altering to fit my lifestyle. For example, last week I was supposed to walk for 20 minutes 3 times a week but I chose to ride my elliptical bike. This week the books suggests that I increase the intensity of my walks but since I not walking I will adjust my bike ride sessions. There will be some other changes as well though out the 12 weeks. I am making it to fit me. Not making me fit it. I feel I will have more success this way.
- Shop once this week to keep my pantry stocked with healthy foods
- Stay between 3 and 6 on the hunger continuum and register my hunger and satiety level in my journal
- The continuum is a scale from 1-10 starting with famished to stuffed until ill. 3 thru 6 are strong feelings of hunger to first signs of feeling full.
- Maintain my food journal
- ride my bike for 20 minutes at least 5 days a week and increase the resistance and note my rides in my journal.
- Squeeze some exercise into my daily routine.
- create and maintain an efficient laundry system.
Later I post the exercises that I will be doing. I am also on a hunt for a treadmill so that I can start training for my 5K. I found one in April that I would like to do. It is in Denver and I have some family and friends that I can do it with.