Living 40 plus and fabulous

Living 40 plus and fabulous

Monday, January 23, 2012


Week 4 – January 23 – January 29, 2012

1.     Shop once this week to keep my pantry stocked with healthy foods
2.     Stay between 3 and 6 on the hunger continuum and register my hunger and satiety level in my journal
3.     Maintain my food journal
4.     Drink 8 glasses of water a day
5.     ride my bike for 20 minutes at least 5 days a week and increase the resistance and note my rides in my journal.
6.     Squeeze some exercise into my daily routine.
7.     clean 1 drawer/cabinet/closet a week (right now I am focusing on a whole room- will be several week process)
8.     create and maintain an efficient laundry system.
9.     Eat 3 meals and 1 or 2 small snacks each day
10. Add stretching to my workout routine
11. Take a multivitamin each day – I am actually taking a multivitamin, a fish oil pill and a Llysine pill. (this is for cold sores so that I hopefully won’t get them too often)
12. be aware of my posture. Walk tall and with confidence!

Because I have been taking my small steps from 2 different books sometimes the new steps for the week are ones I am already doing. This weeks steps were steps I am already incorporating into my life or ones that I have been doing for years so there was nothing really to post that was new. Because I don’t want to not add anything new I have come up with a couple steps learned from last weeks mistakes. Here they are -

13.  Limit alcohol to one night a week and limit number of drinks to 2. Unless it is a margarita from Chavolos then the limit is 1.
14.  When going out to eat or at friends, chose food that is not fried and don’t graze around the food table.

These might seem like silly steps to add but they are big steps for me. These two things are a huge contribution to my weight gain and just might be the hardest to change. I am committed to being healthy though and realize that I need to make these changes if I want to change. Which I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment