Week 3 – January 16 – January 22, 2012 - RECAP
1. Shop once this week to keep my pantry stocked with healthy foods
2. Stay between 3 and 6 on the hunger continuum and register my hunger and satiety level in my journal
3. Maintain my food journal
4. Drink 8 glasses of water a day
5. ride my bike for 20 minutes at least 5 days a week and increase the resistance and note my rides in my journal.
6. Squeeze some exercise into my daily routine.
7. clean 1 drawer/cabinet/closet a week (right now I am focusing on a whole room- will be several week process)
8. create and maintain an efficient laundry system.
9. Eat 3 meals and 1 or 2 small snacks each day
10. Add stretching to my workout routine
11. Take a multivitamin each day – I am actually taking a multivitamin, a fish oil pill and a Llysine pill. (this is for cold sores so that I hopefully won’t get them too often)
12. be aware of my posture. Walk tall and with confidence!
This past week I did well for the most part. I did everything that I was supposed to do everyday with the exception of exercising every day. I forgot to do my beginner workout a couple days and did my Thursday workout on Saturday. This week I only lost .5 lbs. I was hoping for at least 1-2 lbs but a loss is a loss so I will take it. I did learn some things this past week and I will incorporate that into this weeks small steps.
On Wednesday night I decided to have a glass of wine with dinner. Well one glass turned into 2 and I ended up having 4 glasses of wine. Not four 5oz glasses, I filled the whole glass up to the top. Needless to say I felt like crap the next day. Because of that I didn’t work out at all on Thursday and made some food choices that I normally would not have made. It really made me realize that even though I like to have a drink every now and then I must do it in moderation. I hated feeling like that on Thursday and really have no desire to feel that way again. I’ve tried for years to moderate my drinking but usually didn’t really care enough to give it much effort. Being drunk was better than dealing with the feelings I was trying to forget. Since a horrible drinking binge on Halloween and then last Thursday’s misstep I realize that I really do care and I am trying to make an effort to drink less. Not only will my body feel better but my mind as well. On Friday I went out to eat dinner with a friend and Sunday I went to watch football at another friend’s house. In the past I have used events like these as an excuse to eat what I want. The choices have been bad and last week was no exception. I ate chicken strips and French fries and for football, chips and dips. The one good choice I made was for football I brought my water bottle instead of the beer I would normally bring. I know that if I don’t allow myself a little bit of guilty food I will binge but I need to make sure that when I have the chance to make a better choice that I do it. Instead of the chicken strips and fries I could have chosen something else that was just as delicious and better for me.