Living 40 plus and fabulous

Living 40 plus and fabulous

Monday, January 30, 2012


Week 4 – January 23 – January 29, 2012- RECAP

I know when I started this journey I knew that slow and steady will get me where I want to be and allow me to maintain that loss. Knowing that doesn’t stop me though from wanting the weight to fall off fast. It is a program in my head that I don’t need. This week I almost lost 1 lb, .9 to be exact. I need to remember that I am doing great and my body is doing what it needs to do.
While I ride my bike I watch my recorded episodes of The Revolution. Yesterday the trainer Harley said something that really got me thinking. He said that when you are working for a weight loss goal don’t just focus on the end number or the end goal. Enjoy the journey. Each week or step you take toward your goal is one small goal to be proud of and rejoice in that. For me I asked myself these questions. Am I exercising more than I was last month? Am I making better food choices and writing it down in my food journal? Am I drinking all my water? Am I taking my vitamins? Yes! That’s the answer to all my questions. I am doing so much more and so much better than I was last month. I am proud of myself for sticking with this. I take each day, each moment at a time. If I eat something bad I just get back on track at the next meal. My past actions were to just give up the whole day and use that as an excuse to eat crap all day. No more. These small goals mean so much to me and I am forming a habit that will stick with me.
On Monday I started getting up 30 minutes earlier than usual so that I can get my workout in before work. When I would wait to do it in the evenings sometimes life got in the way and I wouldn’t do it. Now I have no excuse and it’s done in the morning. I am really enjoying working out in the morning too. It makes me feel great and my attitude is better because of it. It makes me excited for spring and summer when I can go out for a walk when the world is just waking up. It’s such a great time of day. I’ve discovered that I am definitely a morning person.
It has been 4 weeks since I started my journey. I measured and weighed myself on the first so that I would be able to track my inches lost as well. Here is how I have done these past four weeks.
January weight lost- 6.4 lbs
Inches lost- 6 total!! I lost 1 off my chest, ½ off each arm, 1 off my waist, 2 off my hips (yay!) and ½ off each thigh.
I am so happy with my progress so far!! Thinking of spring and shopping for new clothes really has me excited and keeps me going!!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing such an amazing job. I love the focus on the small goals as you work toward the big one. Sometimes, I have to forget the big goal or I freak out. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete