- 1 bunch of asparagus, washed, ends trimmed
- 1 egg (I used 1/4 cup of eggbeaters)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with baking spray. (I use stoneware to cook everything so I skipped lining the pan)
- Combine egg, dijon and lemon juice in a shallow bowl, whisk together.
- Combine breadcrumbs, salt & pepper in a dish and mix together.
- Coat asparagus first in egg mixture and then in breadcrumb mixture. Line up on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes until breadcrumbs have turned golden brown and asparagus still has some “bite” left to it.
- Serve warm out of the oven.
They won't be completely coated in panko which is good because you will have more of the asparagus taste than just breading taste. You get a nice mix of both.