Living 40 plus and fabulous

Living 40 plus and fabulous

Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 9

Week 9?!?! It has been 9 weeks already and I have to say that I feel so great! I am doing and trying new things all the time and I wake up each day with a little bit more energy and zest. I really can't wait for the spring and summer to do so much stuff. I want to go hiking, plant a veggie garden and clean up and fix my yard. I want to do a lot more than that but that is a good start. Here are the new steps for the week. Let me also say that I don't do everything on this list every week but I do the majority of them each week and switch some one week and do others the next week. The main point is doing something everyday to better my health.



1.     Shop once this week to keep my pantry stocked with healthy foods
2.     Stay between 3 and 6 on the hunger continuum and register my hunger and satiety level in my journal
3.     Maintain my food journal
4.     Drink 8 glasses of water a day
5.     ride my bike for 20 minutes at least 5 days a week and increase the resistance and note my rides in my journal.
6.     Squeeze some exercise into my daily routine.
7.     clean 1 drawer/cabinet/closet a week
8.     create and maintain an efficient laundry system.
9.     Eat 3 meals and 1 or 2 small snacks each day
10. Add stretching to my workout routine
11. Take a multivitamin each day – I am actually taking a multivitamin, a fish oil pill and a Llysine pill. (this is for cold sores so that I hopefully won’t get them too often)
12. be aware of my posture. Walk tall and with confidence!
13. Limit alcohol to one night a week and limit number of drinks to 2. Unless it is a margarita from Chavolos then the limit is 1.
14.  When going out to eat or at friends, chose food that is not fried and don’t graze around the food table. 
15.  Replace bad fats with good fats.
16. Add one fun element this week. (going dancing, playing basketball, etc.) This can take the place of one of my bike rides.
17.  discover the benefits of yoga
18.  clear the clutter from a mail pile, front door, etc and maintain a system to keep it clear
19.  Add core exercises and crunches to my workout routine at least 3 times a week.
20.  Start reading the ingredient list on the back of food labels. Watch out for additives and sodium especially.
21. Eat slower, savoring the food and truly enjoying the meal.
22. start a gratitude journal or explore journaling in general.
23. limit processed food and go for whole grains and whole foods.


Here is what is going on for week 9.

24. eat fish at least 2 times a week. – This is gonna be hard. I like fish but trying to make it so that it is not bland will be a little difficult. I better get out my cookbooks.
25. Do not eat after 8 o’clock at night
26. Try some more challenging strength training moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment