Living 40 plus and fabulous

Living 40 plus and fabulous

Monday, February 20, 2012

Pizza Lasagna


I had some pizza toppings left over and decided to make something a little different. I thought about making lasagna cups but decided in the end to make a flat lasagna. I didn’t have any ricotta cheese so I decided to experiment using some greek yogurt that I had. Any toppings would be great in this. Below is what I had on hand.

Pizza Lasagna

8 whole wheat lasagna noodles
½ cup greek yogurt
2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese + ¼ cup additional for top of lasagna
¼ cup parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 small jar pizza sauce
1 shallot- sliced thin
1 can mushrooms (can use fresh but canned was all I had)
Turkey pepperoni
Sundried tomatoes- cut into bite sized bits

Preheat oven to 375
Cook the noodles until they are al dente. Strain and let cool. In a small bowl mix the yogurt, Italian seasonings, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. The consistency will be sort of a paste texture. In a small deep dish baker (mine was about 8") or small pan spread a thin layer of sauce in the bottom then add a single layer of lasagna noodles. I cut the noodles in half to fit better in my baker. Add some more sauce, a third of the cheese mixture and a third of the toppings. The cheese might be a little hard to spread with a spoon. I just used my hands to break little pieces and sprinkle over the sauce. Continue the noodle, cheese, sauce and toppings in three layers. Once all the layers are done sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup cheese on top and put in oven. Cook until cheese is melted and lasagna is cooked through. I cooked it for about 30 minutes.
I was able to get 6 servings out of this. They are small servings but they will freeze well and I plan on eating them with a fresh salad or veggies for lunches.

This is the first layer

All the layers just going into the oven

The finished product

one serving (this is a teacup plate just to get an idea of size. They are small portions) - I cut each serving out and put in a  plastic container and froze them. This way I have dinner or lunch when I don't have time to cook

No comments:

Post a Comment