Living 40 plus and fabulous

Living 40 plus and fabulous

Monday, March 26, 2012

Sorry I have been MIA for a couple weeks. I really didn't have anything to report. It was just the same thing day after day. It actually putting me in the dumps for a few days last week. The weather was bad and I have horrible spring fever that I just let it get the best of me. It took me a couple days to snap out of it and now I feel so much better. I didn't realize how much better working out made me feel. Because I was in a funk I didn't work out at all last Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. When I finally did get my butt in gear and exercise on Wednesday it was like a cloud had lifted off me. I felt so wonderful. I guess I needed that darkness to make me realize and appreciate the light!
I am now done with 5 weeks of my couch to 5k training. I have 4 weeks to go. On the last day of week 5 I had to jog 20 minutes without walking to break it up. I was so scared that I wouldn't be able to do it. I did have to stop for about 30 seconds to get a drink of water but besides that I went the whole time. I was so proud of myself. I actually cried when I was done because it was something I hadn't done before and I did it! I am doing and completing things that I didn't think I could do. I'm realizing that I can do it and it may hurt but the result is so worth it. My next session bumps down to 5 and 8 minute jogging sessions. I think that I will use these times to try to get a little faster. I am a super slow jogger and would really like to complete my 5K in 45 minutes or less. Right now I am at about 50-60 minutes. I know it is not a race but I need a goal or I might just take half the day for it. :)
I finally got my Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and I have completed two days. I am so sore right now that I feel like I need a grab bar by my toilet just to get back up. It is a really good workout though. It is only 30 minutes but when I am done I am so sweaty!. The 1st phase that I am doing right now is just a warm up for the coming phases. I can't even imagine what that will be like. I think I hear my body crying just thinking about it. Luckily I have 2 weeks of phase 1 to get my body ready. I really like this workout so far and will keep you posted on how I am doing. I have figured out a schedule for my exercises so that I don't wear myself out or get to a point where I don't want to do anything.

Saturday - JM in am and 5K in afternoon
Sunday - JM in am
Monday - JM cardio in PM
Tuesday - JM in am and 5K in afternoon
Wednesday - JM in am and 5k afternoon
Thursday - JM cardio in am
Friday - off

I figured this will be the best so that I have workout and cardio almost everyday and a day for doing nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment