Living 40 plus and fabulous

Living 40 plus and fabulous

Friday, March 30, 2012

Week 1- JM body revolution done!

Well today marks the end week 1 of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I will be the first to admit that I usually don't make it past day 2 or 3 of any workout videos so finishing a week is kind of a miracle. I really like this workout a lot. Not only is it not a lot of time out of my day but it is an asskicking workout during that short time. By the time the 30 minutes are over I am dripping with sweat and really feeling like I got a great workout. The first two days I was very sore and it took a lot of move but now I am no longer sore and feeling really good. I am also trying to follow her diet plan. That is actually harder than following the workouts. I picked some menu items that ended up being a little more time consuming than I thought so I was pretty frazzled the beginning of the week trying to get my meals cooked for the week. This next week should be better since I figured out what to do and what not to do. The meal plan also is very limited in meals if we are expected to eat this way for 90 days so I bought her metabolism cookbook today so that I can use recipes from there too. I know that it is not exactly what she wants done but I figure it is her own cookbook so it should work just fine.

The best part of this week was weigh in today. I lost 4.6 lbs!! That makes getting up at 6am to workout totally worth it. Plus the way I feel is great too. Since the first of January my total weight loss is 16.1 lbs and my total inches lost is 15.5. I can really see a difference in the way my clothes are fitting. I wore some jeans the other day that I couldn't even button a couple weeks ago.

I haven't posted any new recipes for a couple weeks because the few things I have made are not worth sharing. I hope to have some new and tasty recipes coming in the next few weeks.

I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful spring weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment