Living 40 plus and fabulous

Living 40 plus and fabulous

Friday, March 2, 2012

What? That's what it takes?

It seems that for as long as I have been alive, I have been on a diet. I've tried them all. I've even tried to make up my own. I would lose some then gain it back plus more. On top of that I had myself convinced that I hated exercise. I don't love it now but I am finding the benefit of working out and on occasion I am actually enjoying it. For years I have heard people tell me and also read everywhere that the key to losing weight is to eat in moderation and exercise. I was hoping for a miracle diet. One that would shed the pounds in weeks and I wouldn't have to work out.  Over the last two months I am finally listening to those people and those articles and it is paying off. I also know that part of losing weight is mental and I think that I am at a place in my life that I just feel "Enough is Enough!" I'm looking at myself with love and admiration for what I am accomplishing. Right now is the longest I have stuck with any sort of weight loss program. I know that this is not a program and it is a lifestyle change but it is also changing my life. I'm ready to stop hiding behind the fat and go get what I want. 
For the past two weeks I have amped up my cardio and cut down on my eating. I don't eat a morning snack anymore. If I do feel hungry I have a protein shake. I am also noticing that at dinner I am not as hungry as I used to be. I continue to ride my stationary bike for 20 minutes every day and I also do my couch to 5k at least 3 times a week. Because of this I lost another 3 lbs this week!!! That is a total of 12.4 lbs so far in this journey! I am learning so much and enjoying what I am doing. I don't feel deprived or hungry. I'm not grouchy or sad. I'm feeling great!

1 comment:

  1. Preach it sister. I just hate it when they're right. On the other hand, what awesome results. I'm super proud of you, and you inspire me to work harder too.

    ReplyDelete