Living 40 plus and fabulous

Living 40 plus and fabulous

Tuesday, January 17, 2012


Week 2 – January 9 – January 15, 2012 - RECAP

First news- I lost 3.3 lbs this week!! That makes 5 lbs total. Not bad for 2 weeks of small steps.

  1. Shop once this week to keep my pantry stocked with healthy foods
  2. Stay between 3 and 6 on the hunger continuum and register my hunger and satiety level in my journal
    1. The continuum is a scale from 1-10 starting with famished to stuffed until ill. 3 thru 6 are strong feelings of hunger to first signs of feeling full.
  3. Maintain my food journal
  4. ride my bike for 20 minutes at least 5 days a week and increase the resistance and note my rides in my journal.
  5. Squeeze some exercise into my daily routine.
  6. create and maintain an efficient laundry system.

Last week was basically adding some strength training exercises to my daily routine. I did very well adding these in except that I forgot to do my beginner exercises on Thursday and Friday. I just ended up doing them on Saturday and Sunday so that I could catch up. I have found that if I ride my bike in the AM before work and do the strength training after work that is perfect for me. I don’t feel like I have to spend tons of time exercising since it is broken out though the day. As for the laundry system that is really easy. It’s just me so I only have a few loads and I do those on Sunday. I continued to food journal, noting my exercising in there too and went shopping to re-stock the pantry. I have realized that having food staples in the house is making meal time much easier!

This week I was also supposed to continue clearing clutter. One drawer, dresser, closet, etc. Instead of doing one thing each week I started cleaning out one of my spare rooms. It has slowly turned into a room that I just dump stuff in that really doesn't have a place or that I don't feel like putting away. This will be a several week process but here are some pictures to see where I am starting. When I finish I will make sure to post those. 






Wish me luck! 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome work on your weight loss. Super proud of you. I can't wait to see your progress on your room overhaul. Sending good organizational thoughts.

    ReplyDelete