Living 40 plus and fabulous

Living 40 plus and fabulous

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki

Since my experiment to try a new recipe each week, this is the best I have made yet. I used chicken breasts instead of thighs and also added steamed broccoli and green beans as well. Next time I make this I will also add more veggies just to amp it up even more. I got 6 servings out of this recipe and served it on rice.
Here is the link for the original recipe. Below is how I made it.

CROCK POT TERIYAKI CHICKEN

2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
6 tablespoons cider vinegar
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 1/2 teaspoons cold water
1-2 lbs steamed vegetables
Hot cooked long grain rice

Place chicken in a 4 qt. slow cooker.  In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper.  Pour over chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.  Remove chicken and shred or cut into bite sizes pieces. Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.  Skim fat from cooking liquid.  Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil.  Combine cornstarch and water until smooth.  Gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickened. In the meantime, steam the veggies until tender. Once the sauce is thickened, toss in the chicken and the veggies and stir until everything is coated.  Serve with and rice and top with sesame seeds.


This is when I decided to add the veggies. There seemed to be too much sauce. 

Here it is with just broccoli. I added the green beans when I ate it for another meal. 
Finished product. Doesn't it look yummy?!?!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment