Living 40 plus and fabulous

Living 40 plus and fabulous

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Roasting Vegetables

Sorry this is late getting posted but I took 5 days off (more on that later) and I don't have Internet at home. I am working towards getting it so my posts will be more frequent.
For a while now on Pinterest and Foodgawker I have seen a lot of posts about roasting veggies instead of steaming or sauteing them. I really haven't roasted anything except potatoes so I thought I would give it a try. I can not believe how delicious they turn out! The flavor that roasting brings out is something you can't get with spices. The week I roasted green beans and baby portabello mushrooms that I covered in a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar and then I did some peppers and onions only in olive oil. Both times I did this I only used about 1.5 tablespoons of oil but you could probably do less. I don't know how much of the veggies I had but it filled a gallon size plastic bag. I got two veggie servings out of each roasting.

Put the veggies, oil and vinegar in a gallon zip
lock bag

Mix it all together so its all well covered

spread out on a baking sheet making sure not to crowd the pan

I don't know how long I cooked them. Just watch them. I may have cooked them a little long but they were nice and crispy!
I sprinkled a little Parmesan cheese on them when they were done. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment