Living 40 plus and fabulous

Living 40 plus and fabulous

Thursday, May 10, 2012

New ink!

I have wanted a tattoo since I was in my early 20's. I have gone back and forth with what I want but when it came right down to it I never went to get one. I think that deep in my heart I knew that what I thought I wanted wasn't really what I wanted on my body for the rest of my life. I am really glad that I never went through with it in the past. Now I am so happy with what I decided on and that I finally went through with it. I would be lying if I said that it didn't hurt. It did! Nothing that I couldn't handle and I am so pleased with the end result. I knew that when I got a tattoo it would have to mean something. Not just a cartoon character on my calf because I thought it was cute. I got something that means something to me. It doesn't mean much to most people but to me represents so much. First let me just tell you what I decided on. It is a peacock feather and I have loved peacocks and their feathers for a long time, long before it was the "in" thing. To me they represent not just beauty which is very evident at one glance but I see confidence and a pride unlike anything I have every seen before. Just take one look at peacock in full glory. They strut, they hold their head high and know that they are the most beautiful creature around. The feather also signifies a re-birth to me. People collect them and cherish them. That is what I am doing with myself. A re-birth of sorts, holding my head high, proud and confident of who I am and what I am. Beautiful and confident in my own skin and loving every minute of life!

This is Bob my tattoo artist. A genius! I did exactly what I wanted. Here I am getting the outline put on.

Getting ready, outline on, scared to death!!

Not so bad. Hurt but not as bad as I thought it would.

The finished product. I love the colors and everything about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment